Photo by Libertad Leal
June brought sunny skies and long summer days to Brooklyn, just in time for Etsy’s seventh birthday. It was a month filled with all the good things: beach time, summer reading, refreshing snacks (watermelon, anyone?) and backyard barbeques. The Etsy community had reason to celebrate as well, growing in members and goods sold compared to June 2011.
- $61.9 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by our community in June, 6.1% lower than May’s $65.9 million
- That represents 2,951,224 items sold for the month, 2.7% lower than May’s 3,034,442
- 2,184,850 new items were listed in the month, 2.8% lower than May’s 2,248,143
- 689,614 new members joined the Etsy community in the month, up 1,249, or 0.2%, from May
- 1.23 billion page views were recorded on the site in June
The $61.9 million of goods sold (after refunds and cancellations) represents a 65.1% increase from June 2011′s total. At the same time, items sold were up 54.3%.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in June!
Curious about how other months compare? Check out our past Weather Reports for more statistics.