PopShops is an affiliate tool that offers mini-shops and widgets that are easy to generate for your site, feed or blog. PopShops lists hundreds of merchants with several million products across several in-house affiliate programs and leading affiliate networks, such as Google Affiliate Network, ShareASale, Commission Junction, Pepperjam, and Linkshare.
After applying for the affiliate networks and merchants that you want to promote, the Popshops.com interface has a very clean layout with a 3-step process:
1. Find products for your shop searching by keywords, browsing merchants and adding the products you choose to your shop.
2. Customize the look of the products by changing the font, text size, image size, style of your store, borders, product arrangement, and setting the number of rows and columns.
3. Copy the code generated by PopShops and add it to your site or blog.
The Pro unlimited ($14.99/month) allows you to build unlimited shops. This plan also allows you to use SEO-friendly PHP and the autofeed function.
The Enterprise account ($29.99/month) allows deeper customization with CSS, add a search box, make edits to the product descriptions, create product RSS feeds, and manage unlimited affiliate profiles.
The Data Pack plan ($59.99/month) can be used to create dynamic sites, coupon sites, or build sites with search filters, brands, categories, and more.
Pros: (Basing my opinion on the Enterprise Version that I use.)
1. Popshops does the heavy lifting to handle datafeeds.
2. Integrates easily with WordPress.
3. Easy and quick to set up a page.
4. Can add a search to each shop page.
5. Autofeed of products based on merchants and keywords selected for product search. This makes pages auto-update themselves.
6. Can track sales via tracking id.
7. Can view multiple merchants products at one time and select the ones I want for each page. (I also use this to find new merchants for a niche.)
8. Can enable pagination in order to view multiple pages of products.
9. Can add SEO keywords to stores.
10. Add or drop merchants or change products in a few seconds.
11. Can use SEO-friendly PHP to display shops.
12. Easy to create a variety of stylesheets to customize shops.
1. Merchants data feeds are not always up to date and not all merchants have their products listed with Popshops.
2. If their servers go down, so do the pages you’ve built. This doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.
3. Querying for products is based upon title, not description. In other words, if your search doesn’t include some of the words in the title, the product won’t show in the results.
4. Speed of the site may be slower. Getting the results to display from the Popshops server takes longer than if you were to do something like querying your own database. This may be important if you’re using Adwords to drive traffic. Slower speeds may cause your quality score to drop. Google may also place importance on speed when they evaluate overall performance.
Example of Popshops in Action
Want to see a live example of Popshops? Take a sneak peak at Popshops.com in action: Ray Bans Sunglasses
Video Showing How To Build A Niche Store With Popshops
A Few Of The Affiliate Networks Participating In Popshops